Basis of the Legal Article's Prize of the EYBA
The result of the competition will be announced at the Annual General Meeting & Summer Conference, which will take place on 14th of June 2014 in Barcelona.
In order to participate in the competition in 2014, the following conditions must be satisfied:
1. The participant must be a member of the EYBA, either as an individual, by being a member of an Organization Membership (Young Bar Association) or of an Association Membership.
2. The prize will be reimbursement of the winner’s registration fee for the Annual General Meeting and Summer Conference, together with reimbursement of the winner’s travel and accommodation costs, subject to a maximum of €300. Receipts must be produced.
3. The reimbursement will be paid by the EYBA to the winner.
4. The topic for the legal essay is “European money-laundering regulations: what are the implications and problems for the legal profession?”
5. The essay must be written as follows:
a. In English.
b. Maximum 2000 words
c. Type of word: Calibri, size 12, double spacing.
6. There will be three Judge member:
a. A member of the EYBA Board.
b. A member of the YBA in which takes place the AGM & Summer Conference.
c. A young lawyer member of the EYBA.
7. The essay will be judged on the following criteria:
c. Legal analysis
8. All participants must attend the AGM & Summer Conference since the name of the winner will be announced at the AGM. In case the winner announced has not attended the AGM, the prize will be given to best second participant, who must be also present at the event. If he/she were not present, the prize will be declared void.
9. The winning essay will be published in the EYBA’s Newsletter and at the possible Newsletter of the hosting YBA.
10. The winner shall give a short speech summarising the essay at the AGM.
DEADLINE: 5th June